Name that Star

by  |  October 27th, 2008  |  Published in All, Blog

One of our partners, Edmund Scientific, has a special on an astronomy gizmo that is amazing. The device is made by Celestron and is called the SkyScout Personal Planetarium.

Edmund Scientific

picture courtesy Edmund Scientific

I have not tried this particular device, but I heard so much about it when it came out a couple years ago that I am thinking of getting one at the price they are now offering it.

It uses GPS and other cues to tell you what you are looking at in the day or night sky. Point it and ask it what star is in the target area, or where would you find Jupiter, or stuff like that. They cut the price in half to $199 and for anyone interested in the sky it is incredibly cool.

1. rypitch says:

October 27th, 2008 at 2:43 pm (#)

Great device! This is an excellent viewer for both the novice and expert. I want one!

2. Mediamama says:

October 27th, 2008 at 2:47 pm (#)

I know the feeling! I know the big dipper and orion's belt, but beyond that I would love to know more stars.

3. Wishie says:

November 2nd, 2008 at 9:13 am (#)

wow that Edmunds site has a bunch of great gift ideas (I can't afford the skyscout but i will definitely tip a few folks about it) thanks!

4. Mediamama says:

November 3rd, 2008 at 11:06 am (#)

THere are lots of cheap gifts that can be fun – like bag of magnifying glasses.

5. Tristan says:

February 22nd, 2012 at 2:56 pm (#)

why the freak cant i find something about stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. ysl iPhone 6 plus cases says:

November 26th, 2014 at 1:59 am (#)

Believe it or not, the iPhone 5’s battery is still holding up more than two years after I first bought it. It’s pretty incredible when you think about how many iOS updates its been through. And through those updates, I’ve yet to encounter any abnormal battery drain

7. Chanel iPhone 6 Case says:

October 13th, 2016 at 2:45 am (#)

The case itself is a hybrid clear polycarbonate outer shell and an energy absorbing material around the edges. I liked the design, and it’s easy to insert and remove the iPhone.

8. Best Yeezy Boost 350 V2 says:

May 26th, 2017 at 12:51 am (#)

Like many of their past releases, this retro silhouette comes constructed in a full Deep Pink Green suede upper that’s accented with Rich Maroon on the Three Stripes and heel tab